Monday, March 04, 2013

Oh,Deer! Wildlife by Virginia Fine Artist Cathyann Burgess

Silent Eyes©2013 C.L.Burgess oil 6x8



I felt his eyes before I knew he was there. Still and silent and alert to my presence, he stood about ten feet from my studio window.
When I looked up, I was amazed at his intensity and we just kept eye contact as I slowly backed away.

I wanted him to stay longer. He was a gift to me as I quietly went about washing my brushes in my studio sink.  Where is my palette? Will he remain like he is for long? Get the camera, foolish woman my inner voice shrieks. 
I managed to get a few good shots like the one below my painted image.

Sometimes it pays to take a vacation from posting. 
When you stop to breathe, look, be silent and listen, you can awaken to the miracles that surround you. 
These creatures live in my backyard in the city of Richmond!
I just had to record the moment and his silent eyes.

Post a Comment