Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Four Roses Bottled by Virginia Fine Artist Cathyann Burgess

Four Roses Bottled©2013 C.L.Burgess 8x10 oil on panel

My homage to Fantin-Latour and putting a little cheer in my life.
The heat and humidity are brutal and the news promises strong storms again. Ugh.
I can't do much about the weather, but I sure can keep the over excited weather guys from ruining my day! So yet another stormy day will arrive, but while I am waiting, accentuating the positive will rule.

As this dried, I worked in my garden, er jungle, and cleared away the debris left from my marauding deer. Seems like my hosta has become their salad fixins. Really? There is so much other green stuff they can have. Geesh!
Better I soon go rescue my daylilies, lest they become dessert. And I of course will make paintings of them, too.

Fantin-Latour was one of the first artists that attracted me as a teenager , aspiring to be a painter. The 19th century French artist is famous for his lovely rendering of flowers. And his roses were prolific. He was friends with the Impressionists  and even had his work hung among theirs in the Salon de Refuses, though his style is different from theirs, keeping with the traditional academic training he had.
Post a Comment