Thursday, August 29, 2013

Busy,Busy,Busy: preparing for Labor Day Art Show by Virginia Fine Artist Cathyann Burgess


Coffee and Hydrangeas©2013 C.L.Burgess 12x 12 oil on canvas

It has been a week since the last post...seems way too long, since I do not want to lose you dear followers and friends. 

I have been readying artwork to take to a show in the Northern Neck of Virginia for this upcoming weekend.

Since I rid myself of the hoarding tendencies(see last post),(which btw, felt real good to sand down old paintings) I got better organized and began to categorize what was hanging around waiting for frames.
You can see evidence here...


Better organized? Well, at least internally and philosophically speaking.
Looks like I am still hoarding.
NOT. These boxes are being filled with recent work that I am tagging and spiffing up for show at the Tides Inn.

Handsome hubby pitched in by refurbishing an old display stand made by my grandfather for me years ago, which had been collecting cobwebs. I almost never go to outdoor events with my work.
However, when opportunities present themselves you have to be ready. 
I was. Sort of. 
Change is good right?

So that is where I have been for the past week or so. As you can see I have some inventory.
Now to make tags and lists and wrap for transport. 

I am hoping that much of it finds a new home as my arms are weary of sanding.
Labor Day.
No kidding.
Post a Comment

Off the Rails : Abstraction

Preventing madness by making art. Abstraction serves this purpose well. Also preparing for another show in October. Part 2 of Grounded:...

Popular posts