Friday, August 09, 2013

The Cardinal by Virginia Fine Artist Cathyann Burgess

The Cardinal©2013 C.L.Burgess oil on panel 10x8


Some days are pure gifts. Well, I guess most days are. But on this day, plein air painting was a simple delight, in my friend Karen's garden. She enthusiastically showed me all her "children", i.e. her plants and trees, birds and blooms that she has nurtured for 30 plus years.
I felt a little like St. Francis of Assisi, as I painted surrounded by hummingbirds and butterflies, cardinals and wrens.
Therein lies the love of plein air painting.
And generous souls like Karen.
Post a Comment

Asheville Gallery of Art Show, North Carolina

Grounded: Landscapes Real and Imagined I had the pleasure of speaking with visitors upon finishing with the hanging of my show yesterda...

Popular posts