Wednesday, September 11, 2013

#11 Loving and Working 911 Memorial by Virginia Fine Artist Cathyann Burgess



                                    requiem for a barn swallow©2013c.l.burgess  watercolor nfs


"Work is love made visible"says Kahlil Gibran in his book The Prophet.

It struck me as I read this quote that what I do is a labor of love. As it is with many artists, of which the poet, Gibran was one.

The words of this Lebanese American resonate in my heart today as I remember, with the rest of the world and our country specifically, the day that stole our collective innocence.

I dedicate my daily work this month of September to the memory of the people who manifested their labor of love on that day, the first responders, and all that followed, living and dead.
Ordinary people with extraordinary courage, who work in professions born with a love of humanity.
If that is not love made visible, what is?

Never forget.

Post a Comment

Off the Rails : Abstraction

Preventing madness by making art. Abstraction serves this purpose well. Also preparing for another show in October. Part 2 of Grounded:...

Popular posts