Friday, September 06, 2013

#6 For the Birds 30 in 30 Challenge by Virginia Fine Artist Cathyann Burgess


Titmouse and Robin©2013 C.L.Burgess 6x6 oil on canvas panel $120



So, this challenge is for the birds!

I have got to finish a few commissions and I keep warmed up doing these small paintings.
Except they sometimes take a few hours by themselves!

My beloved buddies, the birds will be the focus for the next couple of days. Actually, they are a good exercise for me, since I am having a one woman show this coming spring at the Stewart Gallery in Richmond and birds will most definitely be part of it.

I wanted to call this little guy 'surprised' because that is how they always look to me. They are the most skittish little things. I always chuckle looking at them.
But then mr. robin showed up and that became the title. A play on Batman. Who also came and went in a flash.
This is number six in the 30 in 30 challenge with Leslie Saeta.

Post a Comment

Asheville Gallery of Art Show, North Carolina

Grounded: Landscapes Real and Imagined I had the pleasure of speaking with visitors upon finishing with the hanging of my show yesterda...

Popular posts