Sunday, October 06, 2013

Birdfeeder: Lunch in the Garden by Cathyann Burgess

Lunch in the Garden©2013 6x8 oil on panel sold



 A  few new bird paintings went  into other homes yesterday!
This weekend's exhibit at Arts on the Grove in was quiet, since it was very hot and humid out for October, but sales were still made and I am pleased that my birds are getting the responses they are getting.
This small painting went to the same place as my painting from the 30 in 30 called House Sitting. I had them displayed together in the critter section of my booth.
This is one done entirely with palette knives. I am really enjoying the textures I am able to get and the color clarity in the layering.

Tomorrow I will post a photo of the booth and another new bird sale.

These small paintings will inform my larger versions for my show at Stewart Gallery in March 2014.

Post a Comment

Asheville Gallery of Art Show, North Carolina

Grounded: Landscapes Real and Imagined I had the pleasure of speaking with visitors upon finishing with the hanging of my show yesterda...

Popular posts