Thursday, October 17, 2013

Think Small 7 International Invitational at Artspace, Richmond by Cathyann Burgess

The last time I was in this show was in 2007, I recall. I did a small landscape of the James River. By small, we mean 3"x 3".

Guess what I did for this year? You got it!  A birdy.

here it is:
called "Blue" 3x3 acrylic on marbeled paper mounted on Raymar panel mounted on canvas as the 'frame'

I have been seeing birds everywhere since I did the 30 in 30 challenge.
I "saw" this head of a bluejay in the bubbled pattern of my marbelized paper. It works somewhat like a Rorschach test. The abstraction before you turns into something serendipity...sort of like what you do when you look at clouds. Or at least what I do when I look at clouds.

While pretty to look at, Bluejays are kind of mean spirited birds. Hence, his pickled face look.:-)


See for info: http://www.artspacegallery.org/thinksmall/
Post a Comment

Remebering: plein air sky

There is something about the open sky and water sounds that invite contemplation about the greater mysteries of this world and our pl...

Popular posts