Thursday, November 14, 2013

Autumn Brilliance: oil painting by Cathyann Burgess

Autumn Briliance©2013 5x7 oil on cradled wood


Who can resist just looking at the bounty of fall? While here in my studio painting my still life series, I get distracted?inspired? Yes, moved to go outside for a bit and paint the moment before it leaves. No pun intended.
We had a splendid autumn season color-wise this year and it hung around for a long time; but the cold winds of late is quickly greying the view and the falling leaves are plentiful.
To everything its season. Glad I caught it in time.  Hopefully mid winter, this will become a larger studio piece.

Back to work. I have a lot on my plate right now. Stay tuned.
Post a Comment

Waterfall landscape in oil

                                     Little Falls ©2017 oil on wood 20 x 20 available This is one of 33 paintings in a one woman show I ...

Popular posts