Saturday, November 16, 2013

Landscape: Rainy Day by Cathyann Burgess

Before Breakfast©2013 C.L.Burgess oil on cradled panel 6x8

Rainy Day Meditations
Some mornings as I sit and have my coffee, I am awestruck with the colors so crisp after a rain. Today was such a day spent in communion with my surroundings. The calligraphy of the trees in my wooded yard are constantly beckoning me to sit and stare and just be.
I promised myself today, before I ate, I would paint the moment and the weather and the tree that so captivates me. As I did, a wren stopped by and sang hello.
Just another ordinary day filled with extraordinary grace.

Post a Comment

Off the Rails : Abstraction

Preventing madness by making art. Abstraction serves this purpose well. Also preparing for another show in October. Part 2 of Grounded:...

Popular posts