Friday, January 03, 2014

Foothills Snow by Cathyann Burgess

Just a Dusting Of ©2014 C.L Burgess6x6 oil on cradled wood

On the next to last day of my visit to the foothills of Denver, it snowed in the Mountains but left a "dusting" out in the southeastern burbs. I remember having my coffee quietly, alone, just looking and seeing all these intense colors in triangular shapes in the open area behind my son's home.
You can, in fact, see the front range of the Rockies beyond the homes in the hills. You can see weather approaching without obstacles like we have back east. I find it truly awesome.
What captured my eye was the texture of it all and I painted this "plein air" sketch from memory.

Off to enjoy the company of others tonight at the reception for the artists here in Richmond at the Size Doesn't matter show. Tune in for more later this weekend.



Post a Comment