Sunday, January 05, 2014

Red Dots are good! The Impostors by Cathyann Burgess


The Impostors©2013 C.L.Burgess  oil on canvas 8x8 sold

"Size" Gazers look at my work on wall at Glave Kocen Gallery Jan 32014

The Size Doesn't Matter small works Invitational on Friday night was a success thanks to the efforts of Jenn and BJ at Glave Kocen Gallery in Richmond VA

A sizeable crowd came despite the cold weather on the first Friday show. I am happy to report that I have some red dots! Always nice to have that happen, especially on the first night.
This work called The Imposters was sold. It is a sequel to my Oreos Comfort that I brand myself with now. It is called The Impostors because while they are in fact Oreos, they are the peanut butter kind. Really.Why ruin a good thing? While I like peanut butter cookies, I think that the original Oreo is far superior.
But gotta give them their place, too. So, I gave them a nice warm backdrop and equal time in my portfolio.
It was a fun evening!



Post a Comment

Asheville Gallery of Art Show, North Carolina

Grounded: Landscapes Real and Imagined I had the pleasure of speaking with visitors upon finishing with the hanging of my show yesterda...

Popular posts