Monday, June 09, 2014

Making a splash #2:Great Horned Owl watercolor painting by Cathyann Burgess

Great Horned Owl©2014C.L.Burgess 9x12 w/c Stewart Gallery


I watched this guy watch me for some time before I took his photo at a nature preserve in South Carolina.
This raptor is native to the Americas and also goes by the name Tiger Owl. He does have a menacing look to him. You can find out more at the Cornell Labs for Ornithology, a good site for bird lovers.

Loving my watercolors. And yes, for you purists, I used a bit of gouache and took liberty with his colorings. :-) Always breaking rules.

BTW he is for sale at Stewart Gallery for this month's watercolor exhibit.
Post a Comment

Waterfall landscape in oil

                                     Little Falls ©2017 oil on wood 20 x 20 available This is one of 33 paintings in a one woman show I ...

Popular posts