Thursday, June 05, 2014

Making a splash: Cocky Locky: a watercolor painting by Cathyann Burgess


Cocky Locky©2014 C.L.Burgess 6x6 wtclr $185 framed 

Having a small respite from painting in oil.
I have to submit some watercolors for a summer show at Stewart Gallery next week. So That is where I have been in my studio…
This image is one of the Roosters from my visit to the Swift Level Farm in West Virginia a couple of weeks ago. This guy hung around watching me paint plein air, and I asked for a photo op. He obliged me. Of course I thought I should name him after the one in the story I remembered from childhood, Henny Penny.

More watercolors on the way.
Post a Comment

Cathyann Burgess-Open Studio Tour Hendersonville NC

©️2017Winter Hill 12x12 cold wax and oil on cradled panel It has been a busy studio year for me! Back to back show opportunities pr...

Popular posts