Sunday, July 20, 2014

Feeling Crabby watercolor by Cathyann Burgess

Ghost Crab©2014C.L.Burgess watercolor 11x14  Box Boutique, White Stone VA.


I spent two lovely days with friends at Windmill Pt near White Stone Va after delivering some work to the Box boutique.  This ghost crab, a recent painting, was just the thing that fits that environment as they sure do love crabbing! Ghost crabs are pretty common on the east coast beaches, but the best eating kind are the soft shells that are the locals' favorites.

I like crab meat but am not the sort that likes fighting with my food, so I buy the meat already to eat instead. My friend laughed and said that it was an acquired art for sure and often a tradition in families, which obviously mine did not follow.

Still fun to observe and paint, however.
Post a Comment

Waterfall landscape in oil

                                     Little Falls ©2017 oil on wood 20 x 20 available This is one of 33 paintings in a one woman show I ...

Popular posts