Thursday, July 10, 2014

Making a splash#14 Parrot/Macaw by Cathyann Burgess

Political Paulo©2014 C.L.Burgess 11x 16 watercolor


This is a true story that I remembered as I painted this guy . When I was about eight years old, the first parrot I ever encountered scared me silly when he screamed out "I'm a Republican!" as I innocently approached him. My introduction to politics. Go figure.

This is a macaw. I saw him at the Easter parade in Richmond perched on a man's arm being petted by a little girl. I took his photo for later use. I have been experimenting with different techniques and thought that this textured pattern a better fit than reality.

This is the latest addition to my bird images. I may try some more exotic birds. The colors are scrumptious, even though the politics are suspect. LOL
Post a Comment

Asheville Gallery of Art Show, North Carolina

Grounded: Landscapes Real and Imagined I had the pleasure of speaking with visitors upon finishing with the hanging of my show yesterda...

Popular posts