Thursday, January 29, 2015

Winter landscape in Pastel by Cathyann Burgess




Beneath a Cold Sky pastel on paper 7.5x10"

There is a distinct chill in the air with wind coming in from the north, as I look across the field at the house on the mountain. 
I am spending a few days thinking about the concept of painting the wind. I am entering a show with that goal. This painting was done to test out a surface I prepared myself, for pastel. I like working on sanded paper better than smooth.
I was going to leave out the house and make it less literal but then I thought that you can feel a sense of place and scale better with it included. Choices, choices..there are always choices. 
Which is why I keep painting.
Post a Comment

Ode to Spring:Cherry Blossoms

Spring.  Ahh how lovely  the cherry blossoms! new work at Art on 4th Ave NW Hendersonville, NC Spring 12x12 oil on panel ©201...

Popular posts