Sunday, February 01, 2015

Contemporary landscape: night sky by Cathyann Burgess

Feel the Wind?©2015C.L.Burgess pastel 10 x 12

Can you feel it? I was asked can one paint the wind? So this is my response.

Blustery sky at sundown! Plein air pastel study of the sky as cold winds come in before the rain.
What majesty as the wind pushes the vivid color across the sky. Of course I added a bit more, by using highly saturated colors to convey the excitement of witnessing the energy of a once again fabulous sunset over the Blue Ridge.

This painting served as a study for another pastel that I am going to enter into a local show.
Tomorrow I will show them side by side so you can see how the next iteration changes with more deliberation as it grows.

Post a Comment

Cathyann Burgess-Open Studio Tour Hendersonville NC

©️2017Winter Hill 12x12 cold wax and oil on cradled panel It has been a busy studio year for me! Back to back show opportunities pr...

Popular posts