Saturday, March 07, 2015

Pastel Landscapes recent smallworks

Winter's Morning Light©2015 C.L.Burgess

Yesterday's Afternoon Light©C.L.Burgess
pastel each 6x6 unframed on Wallis sanded paper

What better way to spend a winter day. In the morning with a cup of hot coffee and my pastels and again in the afternoon, a glass of red wine nearby, studying the way light dances on the same hill.
We artist's are lucky. 

I ordered more soft pastels, which should arrive soon. Great American Pastels this time. I think this return to a drawing medium very satisfying for me. I love to draw and paint and this does both. 
The thing I find sad is that the Wallis paper is no longer available, so I am trying out UArt 400 next.



Post a Comment

Cathyann Burgess-Open Studio Tour Hendersonville NC

©️2017Winter Hill 12x12 cold wax and oil on cradled panel It has been a busy studio year for me! Back to back show opportunities pr...

Popular posts