Monday, April 27, 2015

Spring Plein Air Landscape WNC

Sunday's Shifting Light©2015C.L.Burgess 12 x 16 pastel on Rives bfk grey

Painted outside yesterday morning.
Coffee in hand I went to my porch outside my studio and just was taken in by the changing light patterns on the mountains in the distance. I put the cup down and lifted the pigments and did not stop for over 2 hours. Shee joy in the act of painting. Great start to the day!

I used some old printmaking paper to try and see if I could get the effect I wanted to convey the softness of a gray day, while the light played peek a boo over the distant hills here in WNC.
I used my new Terry Ludwig set and  a few sticks from my Sennelier set. I was pleased with the buttery feels as the colors danced across the paper.
Post a Comment

Waterfall landscape in oil

                                     Little Falls ©2017 oil on wood 20 x 20 available This is one of 33 paintings in a one woman show I ...

Popular posts