Friday, February 05, 2016

Workshop in Color and Composition in pastels


I welcomed a group of very intent students into my studio today for a workshop in color, values and composition using soft pastels.
Since I haven't been practicing my skills as a teacher consistently, since I retired from the formal classroom of High School boys, it was a breath of fresh air to be with kindred spirits in the search for understanding of the principles and elements of art.

These photos attest to the involvement of the small group. I happy to say all of whom produced some lovely small compositions before leaving me at the end of the day.

I am eager to see them again after they have had time to absorb the information and have applied their understanding without me hovering about!

A good day, a very good day!
Post a Comment

Asheville Gallery of Art Show, North Carolina

Grounded: Landscapes Real and Imagined I had the pleasure of speaking with visitors upon finishing with the hanging of my show yesterda...

Popular posts