Wednesday, March 09, 2016

My Landscape : A McKinley choice!

                                 Purple Mountain 12x12         pastels on Uart 400
                                                             ©2016 C.L.Burgess

Who would have guessed? I am thrilled about this small plein air pastel painting.

Well...it is a good thing that I took a look at my emailbox promotion section last eve or I would have missed this! Duh! Yikes!

I am so very happy to be included among the many fine pastel artists selected by Juror Richard McKinley for the 17 Annual International Exhibition by the Southeastern Pastel Society in May. My work below is the piece that was chosen from among 300+ entries. 100 will be on view at Lowry Hall in the Oglethorpe University Museum of Art, Atlanta GA May 6-26 2016.
Yes, very happy indeed! Thank you Richard and the staff at SEPS and congratulations to all the other artists on his list!
Post a Comment

Off the Rails : Abstraction

Preventing madness by making art. Abstraction serves this purpose well. Also preparing for another show in October. Part 2 of Grounded:...

Popular posts