Monday, November 14, 2016

Asheville Gallery of Art wall:new works


new work at the Asheville gallery of art
 includes cold wax and oil paintings 
and one pastel
up until February 2017


It has been a month since my last post and am sorry but, well you all know what has us all occupied. 
However, I have been able to corral my feelings into my quiet, sacred, studio and deal with it all.

I am happy to be working into a looser and abstract style, yet its roots still in the landscape around me. Working with cold wax as a medium is bringing more texture into the paintings, too.
To my pastel admirers, I am still working in that medium as well.

What is sad about it all is that much of this landscape is now burning. We so need rain.

This is a close up on one of the triptychs in the photo above. It is a memory painting of a leaf peeping trip I took along the blue ridge parkway late in October.
Autumn Parkway 1 oil 12 x 12 on cradled panel
©2016 C.L.Burgess


If you are in Asheville, stop by the gallery for a personal review. Perhaps one will have to go home with you!
Happy Thanksgiving all. 
Still much to be thankful for and I count my followers and patrons on that list.

Post a Comment

Remebering: plein air sky

There is something about the open sky and water sounds that invite contemplation about the greater mysteries of this world and our pl...

Popular posts