Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Abstract landscape in pastel:Treading Rough Terrain


Treading Rough Terrain
soft pastel on Uart 400
19x25
©2017C.L.Burgess



It's long, long road......🎤
What an appropriate song for these times.
If I were to write that I have been in and out of reality lately , I bet many would join me in saying so. Yes, metaphorically speaking you could say that. But in reality, tbt, mine anyway, that also refers to 'how' I am painting. 
I would like to share this image that grew out of work I am doing in oil and cold wax. I can't neglect my pastels. (see more of my other work in other media at my website)
Do you like working in series? I am finding that it has been enriching in so many ways and freeing,too. I have several begun to keep my winter days filled with joy in painting.

Post a Comment

Ode to Spring:Cherry Blossoms

Spring.  Ahh how lovely  the cherry blossoms! new work at Art on 4th Ave NW Hendersonville, NC Spring 12x12 oil on panel ©201...

Popular posts